Rachel Simmons is hiring a Remote Executive Assistant! [Apply Here]
Rachel Simmons is currently seeking a high level, experienced and all around awesome Executive Assistant. This is a 6-month position with possibility of continuation in 2020. This position is a part-time, work from home, virtual position. Hours, to start, are capped at 10 hrs/week. Please note: we are somewhat flexible about timing of work as this position is more about accomplishing certain tasks and objectives with a high level of responsiveness than adhering to a set clock in/clock out time. Occasionally, there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other event which happens a few times a year.
While repetitive tasks can certainly be part of what we do, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on the needs of the executive as well. The Executive Assistant needs to be someone who is flexible and willing to handle a variety of projects. The following tasks are a sampling of what is typically required on a regular basis:
- Email Management
- Calendar Management and Scheduling
- Travel Coordination
- Event Planning
- Booking and Managing Speaking Engagements
- Client Communication
- Varying Personal and Professional Tasks Requested by Rachel Simmons
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Knowledge and/or Professional Experience Preferred in the Following:
- Supporting entrepreneurs/executives in an administrative capacity
- Successfully working in a virtual environment
- Calendar management
- Travel booking
- Event planning
Mindset and Personality
- Self-starter and self-manager: We are looking for someone who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and gets things done consistently on time.
- Positive attitude: Our ideal candidate represents our office with kindness, generosity and humor, has a can-do spirit, and resolves conflict directly.
- Systems-oriented: Our ideal candidate has no tolerance for inefficiency. They should be able to identify when a process is not working and find joy in creating a system that does.
- Responsive: Though we love the flexibility a virtual business affords, we are committed to a high level of responsiveness both internally and with our clients.
- Detail-oriented: We are looking for someone who can catch our typos and their own; edit contracts; and manage a full, diverse calendar with precision.
- Committed to excellence: In everything we do, we want to exceed expectations, and reflect positively on who we are and what we do.
- Grace and poise under pressure: In a high-growth business, the pace can occasionally get intense. We pride ourselves on being able to function at a high level even when things get busy by working together as a team and communicating effectively.
Skills and Abilities
- Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Organization: Our EA needs to be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Team Work: Our support team works together cooperatively to provide the highest quality support to our executives. The unity, camaraderie and culture of the team is something that’s very important to us. Therefore, we’re looking for someone who is a good fit with our other team members, and who is comfortable sharing projects and responsibilities with others.
- Anticipate Needs: As a part of our commitment to excellence, our team always strives to anticipate and serve needs in advance whenever possible. The right EA will have foresight and the ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
- Technologically Proficient: While experience with some or all of the technology platforms that we use is ideal, including WordPress, ConvertKit, Podia, Slack, Freshbooks, Google Calendars/Email etc., we are willing to train the right candidate. However, the ability to embrace and learn new technology quickly is an absolute must. We also prefer someone who is an Apple computer and software user.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to this form by June 21 and list at least two references—including your relationship to each reference and how long you have known them.